Re: Georgia RR decals

Ed Hawkins

On Apr 7, 2011, at 12:05 PM, Tim O'Connor wrote:

Ed, I have a 1938 shot of GA 19668 (reweigh stencil 4-1938) and it
is most definitely a box car red car. When were the cars rebuilt?
Tim,
I have diagrams for A&WP and WofA, but not for Georgia. So I only have
photos to go by. Another photo of a Georgia USRA rebuild just came from
Arnold Menke. This photo taken ca. 1940 shows GA 19623 with reweigh
date of 2-38 and painted aluminum/black. The reweigh date is probably
when the car was rebuilt. Too bad we didn't have this photo when RP CYC
Vol. 17 was published!

Thus it appears that both freight car brown and aluminum/black paint
schemes were applied to Georgia USRA steel rebuilds rebuilt cars in
1938.

Who is the photo source for your GA 19668?
Regards,
Ed Hawkins