Re: RTR Resin

Tim O'Connor

Pieter I'm not a casting expert, but I think vacuum molds can produce
parts consistent enough -- Tom Madden or Gene Fusco probably could explain
it, but perhaps it is a trade secret! I think if I knew how to cast resin
as well as either of those gentlemen, I wouldn't be too forthcoming on
the details. :-)

Tim O'Connor

The difference is that one resin type is injection molded in molds made of metal or epoxy are dimensional consistent, while the other type is generally hand-molded in relatively flexible rubber molds that allow greater variability.
Pieter Roos