Re: RTR Resin

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Clark Propst wrote:
I've been invited to a few of the "Op to drop" weekends. Those guys (operators) will buy RTR as time savers, they done really care if the car is actuate or not. A box car is a box car, if it's painted for their road, great.
Clark, this is just plain silly. Plenty of serious operators are equally serious about prototype freight cars; and plenty of guys who can't even spell "operation" buy lots of RTR. Though of course RTR cars are more accurately called "Ready To Refine," when details need correcting and weathering has to be applied, many are nevertheless quite accurate starting points and do not reflect a significant compromise for accuracy. I think those who like to build, and thus prefer kits, are not an exclusive class relative to those who like serious operation.

Publishers of books on railroad history