Re: Tank car question

Richard Hendrickson

On Apr 12, 2011, at 5:39 PM, leakinmywaders wrote:

Richard: Oops, didn't see this in your post til now. Maybe they
were repainted light satin gray-- I haven't seen any very fresh
repaint pics to confirm.
Nor have I, which is why I said in my post to Gene Green that I
wouldn't absolutely rule aluminum out, though it sure doesn't look
like it in the color photos I've seen.

Or are there military paint specs available on this?
Not that I'm aware of.

In any event the Red Caboose models do mellow down to a very nice
light gray satin sheen with appropriate weathering and Dullcote.
That's a good point, Chris, and it had occurred to me, though I
didn't say it. All of this is academic, however, if you're a steam/
transition era modeler, when the cars were painted black.

Richard Hendrickson