Re: Missing Significant Frt Cars

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Andy Harman wrote:
Who made a 6-dome wine car in plastic a long time ago, AHM? I have one - mainly because my wife likes tank cars and picked it up at a show. I have no idea if it represents any prototype.
It's a dreadful model, Andy, way oversize (probably around double what it should be). Possibly AHM took a photo of a 6-dome car and blew it up to make it 40 feet long. Its capacity, if you measure it, is over 12,000 gallons, and the domes are still too big for the individual compartments. It's a "super foobie" IMO.

Publishers of books on railroad history