From: "Andy Harman" <gsgondola@...>
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2011 12:13:14 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Missing Significant Frt Cars

On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 11:57:22 -0400, mike brock wrote

Well...there isn't much difference between an H2a and an H10. The H10 is 4"
wider but the other dimensions are the same.
Nope. You can't make an H10 out of an H2a, if you could I'd already have a bunch of
kitbashes in the works. It's easier to scratch build it. Unfortunately I don't have
scale drawings of the H10.

http://www.gp30.com/events/lrm2004/lrm2004-038.jpg - on the left is Jim6's scratchbuilt
(actually a long discontinued styrene spaghetti kit) H10, on the right is a Broadway
H2a. Of course these are models but prototype photos reveal the same comparison. The
H10 sides are not as tall, it has a more "slender" profile if you will. One of those
things that is really hard to describe unless you can put the two side by side,
fortunately I had the opportunity at the 2004 LRM. Jim's is also the only model I've
ever seen of an H10, in any scale or material.

Andy