My top 6 list

S hed <shed999@...>

Speaking of missing significant cars I have a top 6 list of cars and 1 engine that would be great to have but is not available in HO-scale. And this list is not in any kind of order.

- Pennsylvania RR XL box car. Something like 37,000 were made. Westerfield made a resin kit of this car.
- Pennsylvania RR K8 stock car. 1,000 cars were built. No one has ever made this car.
- AC&F 36' box car. Dozens of railroads had this design and it would make a welcome replacement to the MDC 36' box car.
- AC&F 36' refrigerator car. Dozens of railroads and private companies, including Armour and Wilson, had these and it would make a welcome replacement to the MDC 36' reefer.
- AC&F 36' stock car. Dozens of railroads had these cars and it would make a welcome replacement to the MDC 36' stock car.
- AAR 4-Bay Offset Open Hopper. This would be an upgrade to the old Athearn car and I think would be welcomed by everyone especially by B&O modelers.

As a note, I realize that the railroads and companies that had the AC&F built cars were not 100% identical with each other but I don't care. Close enough is good enough with me. I do like the MDC cars but any kind of improved version of the car would be excellent.

My 1 engine that I would want is a 2-8-0 that is smaller to the Spectrum 2-8-0 including smaller drivers.

- Steve Hedlund, Silver Lake, WA