Re: MP hoppers California to West Virginia

Nathan Obermeyer

Being a Mopac fan I'm enjoying the discussion on the Mopac hoppers. By chance what road numbers would these cars carry? I model outside the scope of this forum, but greatly enjoy discussions like this one.

Jerry, I have a Mopac specific question reference Mopac hoppers used on my section of the line and would appreicate if you would contact me off list to discuss them. obermeyern AT yahoo.com

Nate

--- In STMFC@..., jerryglow@... wrote:

From my observations in Lala land, I've seen high sided MP gondolas (usually singles) with coke but full strings of hoppers were coal.

Jerry Glow

--- In STMFC@..., Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@> wrote:

Mike

Those MP hoppers could have originated in Texas, and could be
filled with coke made from petroleum. I have a photo showing
three MP, one B&O, and one N&W hopper loaded with petroleum coke
at a Texas refinery.