Re: Missing Significant Frt Cars

Bruce Smith

It is messages like this one that prompted me to ask the question
about RTR resin. People want an X-3 (and other cars) IN PLASTIC.
Sunshine already makes a resin kit for the X-3. So why do folks
want it in RTR plastic? Is it because they want the material to be
plastic, in particular? I guess the answer is "no" - personally, I
don't care if the car is made out of bamboo, so long as it is
nicely executed.
So that leaves a few possible reasons: availability
(not a problem w/ other resin mfrs), pre-painting / lettering, or
the fact that the plastic car will be RTR.
Jeff,

I'll take an X-3 KIT in plastic! I have a number of X-3 in resin,
all yet to be built. It takes me about 2 hours to build a P2K Type
21 or IM type 27 kit, I get a fully (or nearly so) detailed car,
already painted and lettered. Even better, I can batch these cars
and get twice as many done in the same amount of time. It takes the
average modeler about 10 hours to build a Sunshine X-3 and doing 2 at
once results in about a 25-50% time savings, since they need the
"fiddly" work that such kits demand. To me its a no brainer -
injection molded kits are far easier and faster to build and since
I'm working on a roster, I vote for plastic whenever possible.

Regards
Bruce

Bruce F. Smith
Auburn, AL