From: "Anthony Thompson" <thompson@...>
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2011 3:45 PM
To: <STMFC@...>
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Necessary Freight cars

Jack Burgess wrote:
But to make our requests more attractive, it might be helpful to
provide a background summary on those cars which receive the most
votes (how many prototypes were built, how many railroads ran them)
and sources of prototype information for them...
Jack (and Richard Hendrickson) make a good point: most
manufacturers are far more interested in a good data package than in
some poll of self-selected respondents. And repeatedly whining to them
about some item you want produced is generally COUNTERproductive,
according to people I've talked to.

Publishers of books on railroad history