From: STMFC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Tim
O'Connor
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2011 4:29 AM
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: Kadee Trucks

I usually use .088 Reboxx as well. But one thing I've noticed with
Kadee/Proto/Branchline wheels is that they do not perform equally. I
usually get better rolling performance with P2K wheels than with Kadee.
The axles are not made exactly alike and may use different material.

Kinda moot now... the HGC trucks are just so much better, than I hope
I can eventually trade up to those and sell the metal Kadee trucks on
Ebay.

Tim O'

I have used Reboxx wheel sets successfully in Kadee trucks. Be aware they
are insulated on only one side so you will need to make sure both axles are
oriented the same direction. I just measured a Kadee axle at about 1.015"
so a Reboxx axle of about that length should work nicely. I haven't had a
lot of trouble with Kadee axles wearing out, but I have replaced them in
open ended cars (tank cars, hoppers, etc) with code 88 wheels for better
appearance, hence the Reboxx.

Andy