Re: Kadee Trucks

Richard Hendrickson

On Apr 13, 2011, at 9:09 PM, cobrapsl@aol.com wrote:

Thanks Brian, I will now be forever confused as to weather I need a
Proto 2000 Type B, or a Kadee Type B-1 under my models requiring
that type truck!!
Paul Lyons
Relax, Paul. Brian is entirely correct, but the differences are very
subtle and often impossible to see in prototype photos. Most
viewers, even on this list, will never be able to tell whether your
model has National Type Bs or National Type B-1s. My advice is to
use what you have or - if you're buying new trucks - go with the
Kadees because of their excellent brake shoes and rigging,
equalization, and self-centering.

Richard Hendrickson