Re: Kadee Trucks

Richard Hendrickson

On Apr 13, 2011, at 10:19 PM, Jim Betz wrote:

Hi,

As long as we are talking about Kadee trucks ...

Has any one found a non-Kadee wheelset that works well
in a Kadee truck?

- Tired of changing out worn out nylon axles - the point
wears out and you have to change out the entire axle
including the wheels
Jim, you must run your freight cars a lot more than I do; I've never
had a Kadee axle wear out. However, I just put a pair of Northwest
Short Line Code 88 wheelsets into one of new Kadee trucks and it
rolls every bit as well as it did with the original wheelsets.

Richard Hendrickson