Re: Long shot...

Tim O'Connor

Richard

One can be wrong -- because the answer is out there somewhere. There's
a 1959 color yard photo in Gene Green's Morning Sun M&StL In Color
(page 9) that shows 4 M&StL TOFC flats -- three are BCR, one is black.
I also have 1960's color photos of BCR M&StL flats, but since that is
past the STMFC era I didn't mention them before. Proto 2000's M&StL
AAR flat car is BCR, and I have a b&w photos of 23707 and 15113 that
both show small black lube stencil patches -- I think both cars are
BCR. The photos are from late 1940's to late 1950's. Gene's 1931 paint
instruction are definitive if you're modeling 1930's... I'm not sure
what time period Clark is modeling.

Tim O'Connor

Clark,

If no one knows the answer, you can't be wrong whatever you do. :)

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, Oregon