Re: Scale Digital Caliper

North Model Railroad Supplies <nmrs@...>

Biggest problem is coming up with a scheme to display feet, inches, and
fractions within the confines of the LCD.
... My 6" Mits have a five digit display, with two choices of decimal point
location; 0.0000 (for inch measurements) or 000.00 for metric. I just don't
see a good scheme for output of feet and inches with resolution finer than
the even inch.
Dennis

If you just use inches it would work.

A 6" caliper can read up to 522" in HO scale.

So, using the metric display 000.00 the caliper could read inches to 2
decimal places.

For those who find converting fractions to decimals challenging go to

http://www.sdplastics.com/fractdecimilli.html

and print the chart.

Cheers

Dave North