Re: NADX Express Frigicar Reefer

Bob Werre

Jeff, apparently the photos have to be approved before they are published. So I guess it a waiting game.

Thanks,

Bob Werre
BobWphoto.com

--- In STMFC@..., Jeff Sankus <uvrail@...> wrote:

Bob;
Your album appears to be empty

Jeff Sankus

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 12:40 PM, gpnrr <bob@...> wrote:

Gentlemen:

I've been on the listening end of this group for several years, learning
what I can. Now I have a question that has been bugging me for some time. I
have modeled in S Scale nearly forever so the choice of items has been
somewhat limited.
Last Summer at our annual convention I picked up a extremely well-built
express reefer lettered for NADX with the words Frigicar and Mechanical
Transit Refrigeration placed on the car sides with the silk screen process.
The car itself seems based on the former Kinsman line of wooden kits
generally similar to the Ambroid kits. I built several while in high school.
This car shows some evidence of cut and splice on the sides, but that's not
unusual in our scale. The underbody, is considerably different than the
layout of the appliances I'm familiar with, but seemed very well done
considering all the wooden parts. I've uploaded two images into the photos
section under the name of PhotoTraxx.
I'd like to determine, if such a car was ever built,in that form, as well
as any other information. I did a Google search and came up with several
versions of the paint scheme applied to more typical cars.

Thanks for you insite

Bob Werre
BobWphoto.com