Question regarding 40' B&LE Boxcars

bn2204

Hello Everyone,

I'm interested in doing one of the following 40' B&LE Boxcars as it would have appeared in the late 1970's utilizing a Speedwitch Media 1937 AAR Boxcar kit, but I need to confirm that the following are indeed rebuilt & renumbered B&LE 1937 AAR Boxcars. My hunch is that they are, but I have no evidence to back up any renumbering, or dates of rebuilds. I'm also looking for evidence that the cars retained the original roof if they were indeed rebuilt.

B&LE 81000 Series

http://www.railcarphotos.com/PhotoDetails.php?PhotoID=4151
http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/ble/ble81180acs.jpg
http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/ble/ble81310ary.jpg
http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/ble/ble81585.jpg

The Speedwitch Media Kit (B&LE 91000 Series)

http://www.speedwitch.com/Models/k112.htm

Thanks in Advance,

Darrall Swift - Colorado Springs
Modeling the BN/MILW in North Central Montana, Great Falls to Shelby, CiCirca: 1979