Re: Scale Digital Caliper

Schuyler Larrabee

Andy Harman wrote:
I remember being fascinated that you could read down to an HO scale
1/4" or .001" on the other scale with a Vernier.
It is indeed fascinating and also incorrect. Try multiplying or
dividing (the appropriate value) by 87.

Tony Thompson

Geez, Tony, do you have to make everybody squirm about what the real answer
is?

0.25

0.00287

0.5

0.00574

0.75

0.00861

1

0.01148

The left if the full size, the right is the HO dimension at 1/87.1

Easier to use

.003

.006

.009

.012

But I do find that having the five digits to the right of the decimal allows
me to use my dial caliper more accurately, as I can nudge the needle to
approximate at least the fourth digit. A half inch is slightly less than
.006. Can anybody tell? No, but I feel good about it.

SGL

=======
http://www.pctools.com/
=======