Help with painting

roblmclear <rob.mclear3@...>

I dont know if this is the right list to be on as I am dealing with express refrigerator and express box cars. I am a modeller in N scale and model the ATSF over Cajon Pass in California in 1947-1949. The NYC had numerous cars in service with the Santa Fe both on the Fast Mail Express and on the Chief. I hope that you might be able to answer some of my questions.

First I have kitbashed a NYC Express Reefer from an Athearn Milk car and have added the fishbelly side sills and rivets from Archer rivets. I have also kitbashed an Express Boxcar from a Microtrains Troop Sleeper, my question to the group is what colour should these be painted. Given my era, should the roofs be black or the same colour as the body. Is Pullman Green the correct colour or should it be something different. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rob McLear
Brisbane Australia.