Re: Wine Tank Cars

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Jack Mullen wrote:
I don't think that Richard meant that the structural issues relate to wine vs. vinegar. Rather, there are some differences between this car and typical wood vinegar tank cars, that would be issues if the tank is actually of wood construction.

I agree with Richard that this looks like a steel center-anchorage tank car with a wood jacket. Neat looking car anyhow, and I wish we had a better photo.
I see what you mean. Thanks for the clarification, Jack.

Publishers of books on railroad history