Re: Digital Calipers

Tim O'Connor

So.... for $200 I save the trouble of going to the local Radio Shack
every other year to buy a $6 battery??? I know folks pay a premium for
alleged convenience (e.g. fast food, bottled water) but that's getting
kinda ridiculous.

An 8" caliper would be nice, though. Mine (Harbor Freight) is only 6".

Tim

I always get a kick out of people complaining that the battery is always dead in their cheap Chicom calipers; with equipment like this, you truly do get what you pay for.

Enco has the Mititoyo 8" solar version for a shade under two hundred:

http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?PMAKA=610-0047&PMPXNO=952913&PARTPG=INLMK3

These occasionally go on sale, although it's more common to see the run of the mill 6" Mit on sale.

Dennis