Re: Digital Calipers

Andy Harman

At 04:12 PM 4/28/2011 -0400, you wrote:
So.... for $200 I save the trouble of going to the local Radio Shack
every other year to buy a $6 battery??? I know folks pay a premium for
alleged convenience (e.g. fast food, bottled water) but that's getting
kinda ridiculous.
You guys make me glad I have a dial caliper. It's stainless, made in China, and I doubt if it cost more than $30 although I don't really remember. I can't really think why I'd want a digital - solar, battery or otherwise.

I bought a digital stop watch at Walmart a couple weeks ago. It's absolutely worthless. I can't even begin to go into how useless it is. A good analog stop watch will cost me $60 to $75 but worth it.

Andy