Re: The Chopper

North Model Railroad Supplies <nmrs@...>

I find if you hold the work firmly against a stop when you lower the lever,
the blade will cut straight.

This assumes the cut is between your finger and the stop, so the work can't
creep one way or the other when the blade slices into it.

If you are cutting with either end able to move away from the blade (either
no stop, or minimal holding tension with your finger) the blade tends to
slide in the direction that the work can move away.

(I hope that makes sense)

My chopper has supports on both sides of the lever, so no tilting of the
lever occurs.

I feel this may have been a contributing factor with the original Chopper.

Just my 10c worth.

Cheers

Dave North