From: Hunter, James R. <jhunter@...>
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: G-26 Mill Gondola
To: STMFC@..., jerryglow@...
Date: Thursday, May 5, 2011, 7:39 PM

Bob, I would second Jerry's suggestion that you go ahead and do it as a
Pennsy car. Pennsy had a huge fleet, and, besides, you can save
yourself the trouble of trying to modify a brass model...or painting it
for Milw when it wasn't exactly a Milw gon.

Quoting jerryglow@...:

OTOH there's little reason NOT to do it as PRR as the cars were well
traveled and PRR did serve major industrial areas. Remember, in our
era, everyone is a PRR modeler <g>

Jerry Glow

--- In STMFC@..., Bryan Busséy <bbussey@> wrote:

The G26 is a definitive design unique to the Pennsylvania Railroad.
That said, I don't think anything should deter you from lettering the
model for Milwaukee Road if you wish to.

bb

On 5/5/2011 12:56 PM, gpnrr wrote:

I'm am the owner of a brass G-26 mill gondola imported by Pennsy S
Models. The car is nicely painted while proper decals were provided
later.

Since I'm a Milwaukee Road fan, I was wondering about lettering the
car for the Milwaukee's own 93500 to 93534 series of gons. Off hand I
see some differences in the vertical ribs, requiring major and
unwelcome surgery. The only photo I have is one published in
"Milwaukee Road Color Guide" by Dough Nighswonger, which shows a side
view. Is anyone aware of any other major differences between the two
cars that would further detract me from lettering this car for the
Milwaukee Road.

Many thanks,

Bob Werre
BobWphoto.com