From: John Kellett <soccrdad525@...>
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2011 12:47 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Consumer-grade 3D printers hit the mainstream

Here is a link to Shapeways.  http://www.shapeways.com/

To see what is in the model train arena, use the menu on the left side of the
screen.  Mouse over "Hobby" to gain access to the "Model Train" category.  I am
sure you will be surprised at the detailed work.  Shapeways is now experimenting
with a new material "Frosted Ultra Detail" (FUD).  If you watch the rotating
header, there is a bulldozer and a MOW truck, both are Z scale (1:220).  With
the new FUD material, Z scale can be designed now down to the three foot
details.  Shapeways has other materials including metal, and now ceramics.

One more item, these prices are not that bad.

John Kellett