Re: Consumer-grade 3D printers hit the mainstream

John Kellett

Hi Mike,

Yes design your own 3-D models, upload, then they verify, and you can have them
printed.  Shapeways does have instructions for the process to guard against
'open' models.  Key word 'open' meaning that edges do not align to form a solid
model.

The pricing that you see includes the shipping cost.  Shapeways minimum order is
$25.00 from any of the listed products.  And from order, production, to delivery
is usually 10 to 14 days.

The one shop I have ordered from is 'Stonysmith'.  Stony's models are mostly Z
scale, but with some recalculations you can see that they can be re-scaled.  Oh,
and all shop owners can set their own margin for their models.

John Kellett