Re: Rivets

Jack Burgess

I think you will get what you pay for. I've seen a closeup of the MM rivets and they in no way compare to the Archer rivets. They might look okay initially but you might very well be disappointed after painting. If you feel they will be okay, go ahead and buy a sheet but I'd suggest applying them to a piece of styrene and then painting them...it would be frustrating to use them, paint the model, and then find out that they lack relief.

Jack Burgess

On May 14, 2011, at 4:46 PM, "Ed" <nprybiged@comcast.net> wrote:

In building a scale model of rolling stock you have no dought
delt with Archer Rivets.

Well, today I received my Micro-Mark order of their new product,
No.84985, HO scale Riverts. I was BLOWN AWAY. For a introductory
offer of $9.95 (Reg. $14.95) plus $4.95 Shipping which ends
Jun 13, 2011 you get TWO sheets, 6 1/2" x 10", of rivets, that's
a total of 118 SQ. INCHES.

Each sheet contains 16 GROUPS of different spacing, that includes
20 rolls of double lined for Tank cars, TWO groupings of curved
and circle patterns, FOUR groupings of louvers and FOUR groupings
of grillwork.

Needless to say, NO in my opinion, that beats Archer, HANDS DOWN.

Ed Uresm