Re: Rivets

Richard Brennan <brennan8@...>

To amplify on Jack's comment:

I think the issue with the MM stuff is that the
black overprint is nice and sharp... it looks great on the sheet,
The problem in that the clear raised resin
portion is... How can I say this? "blobby?"
This may be a minor issue on rivets... but a big
problem on louvers and grillwork.

This could be a short term QC problem... or an
issue with the process they have chosen.

As the French say: "chacun à son goût".

Richard

At 05:44 PM 5/14/2011, Jack Burgess wrote:
I think you will get what you pay for. I've seen
a closeup of the MM rivets and they in no way
compare to the Archer rivets. They might look
okay initially but you might very well be
disappointed after painting. If you feel they
will be okay, go ahead and buy a sheet but I'd
suggest applying them to a piece of styrene and
then painting them...it would be frustrating to
use them, paint the model, and then find out that they lack relief.

Jack Burgess