Re: Freight Car numbers by road - 1950

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Mike Aufderheide wrote:
I can't speak to the NYC roofs, somone....? For the purposes of this list I have not distinguished between types of roofs, doors, ends or trucks.
Your list, by groups of car numbers, is fine for catching missing cars. But as a modeling "to do" list, things like roofs and ends are vital parts of how many models are needed. Doors and trucks can be more readily changed, but roofs and ends, not so much. What I'd like to see is your list, modified by additional facts such as which parts are needed and how kit-bashable they might be, or if whole new resin is needed. That way, modelers are encouraged to proceed on some of these car needs.

Publishers of books on railroad history