Re: Top 20 North American Freight Car Fleets, January 1949

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Armand Premo wrote:
This is a discussion that will be endless.First of all the area being modeled is the most important factor in determining car mix.The ORER has divided the country into various regions.One is most likely to see cars from within that geographical region or a directly neighboring region regardless of fleet size.I.E.you are more likely to see SP cars in the west than in the east and more Pennsy cars in the east than in the west.Supporting documentation such as wheel reports,conductors books help in determining what ran where.Show me the documentation and I might agree.
Talk about "doing it all again." Armand still does not believe the evidence provided by Gilbert and Nelson. That's okay, Armand, there are still people who deny global warming.

Publishers of books on railroad history