Re: Rivets

Kurt Laughlin <fleeta@...>

I emailed Woody of Archer because I have worked with him on several projects and asked him if we wanted to say anything about the Micro Mark product. He replied:

Dear Kurt,

Archer is a small, family owned and operated business that pioneered the process of producing resin objects onto clear decal film in 2007 and we have been marketing these products continuously since then. Our resin products are precise scale, researched and approved by knowledgable modelers to meet their highest quality standards. Archer will not compromise on quality and will continue to serve the modeling community by expanding our selection of resin details on a regular basis.

Archer's resin details are produced using a proprietary process. We do not license our process to any other company or individual. Archer's resin details are manufactured in our facility in the United States and we must conform to strict government and environmental regulations particularly those regarding the use and disposal of hazardous materials. Our production costs are very high and this is reflected in the price.

Archer fully understands that our level of dedication and quality may exceed the needs of the casual modeler and respects the freedom of all consumers to spend their money as they wish.

Archer is proud to be an innovator and participant in a free market society and I hope my comments address your concerns.

Best wishes,

Woody Vondracek, owner
ARCHER FINE TRANSFERS

He also sent along a blow-up of one of the MM sets and it is exactly as others have noted: Cleanly applied black ink patterns over what appears to be more or less random gobs of a clear material. It would be interesting if the fellow who was so impressed with the MM product would show photos of the applied and painted "details", along with his opinion of the results.

KL