Date   
Re: West Virginia University Freight Car Photos

Donald B. Valentine
 

Interesting. The Morgan's Louisiana & Texas boxcar has a total of six truss rods instead of the usual four.
When one looks at the weight capacity is is obvious why. It is a 100,000 lb. capacity car in an era of
40,000 lb. cars if not less.

Coridally, Don Valentine

Sunshine B&O M27F

Paul Doggett
 

Hello guys
I have just finished a Sunshine B&O M27F it is awaiting light weathering.





Paul Doggett. England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Re: [Non-DoD Source] [RealSTMFC] Sunshine B&O M27F

Gatwood, Elden J SAD
 

Very, very nice model, Paul!

Elden Gatwood

-----Original Message-----
From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Paul Doggett via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2019 10:10 AM
To: RealSTMFC@groups.io
Subject: [Non-DoD Source] [RealSTMFC] Sunshine B&O M27F


Hello guys
I have just finished a Sunshine B&O M27F it is awaiting light weathering.





Paul Doggett. England ????????????????????????????

Re: Sunshine B&O M27F

O Fenton Wells
 

Well done Paul, a nice looking car.
Fenton

On Mon, Jun 17, 2019 at 10:11 AM Paul Doggett via Groups.Io <paul.doggett2472=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hello guys
I have just finished a Sunshine B&O M27F it is awaiting light weathering.





Paul Doggett.  England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿





--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd
Pinehurst NC 28374
910-420-8106
srrfan1401@...

Re: Sunshine B&O M27F

Paul Doggett
 

Thank you Fenton.

Paul Doggett.   England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 


On 17 Jun 2019, at 16:07, O Fenton Wells <srrfan1401@...> wrote:

Well done Paul, a nice looking car.
Fenton

On Mon, Jun 17, 2019 at 10:11 AM Paul Doggett via Groups.Io <paul.doggett2472=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hello guys
I have just finished a Sunshine B&O M27F it is awaiting light weathering.





Paul Doggett.  England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿





--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd
Pinehurst NC 28374
910-420-8106
srrfan1401@...

Re: [Non-DoD Source] [RealSTMFC] Sunshine B&O M27F

Paul Doggett
 

Elden
Thank you

Paul Doggett. England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

On 17 Jun 2019, at 15:45, Gatwood, Elden J SAD <elden.j.gatwood@...> wrote:

Very, very nice model, Paul!

Elden Gatwood

-----Original Message-----
From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Paul Doggett via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2019 10:10 AM
To: RealSTMFC@groups.io
Subject: [Non-DoD Source] [RealSTMFC] Sunshine B&O M27F


Hello guys
I have just finished a Sunshine B&O M27F it is awaiting light weathering.





Paul Doggett. England ????????????????????????????





Re: Sunshine B&O M27F

Nelson Moyer
 

Nicely built and interesting car. Every time I see a unique car like, this that I know won't ever be commercially available again, I morn the demise of Sunshine.

Nelson Moyer

-----Original Message-----
From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Paul Doggett via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2019 9:10 AM
To: RealSTMFC@groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Sunshine B&O M27F


Hello guys
I have just finished a Sunshine B&O M27F it is awaiting light weathering.





Paul Doggett. England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Re: Sunshine B&O M27F

Paul Doggett
 

Nelson

Thank you, yes Martin is sorely missed that’s for sure.

Paul

On 17 Jun 2019, at 16:37, Nelson Moyer <npmoyer@...> wrote:

Nicely built and interesting car. Every time I see a unique car like, this that I know won't ever be commercially available again, I morn the demise of Sunshine.

Nelson Moyer

-----Original Message-----
From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Paul Doggett via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2019 9:10 AM
To: RealSTMFC@groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Sunshine B&O M27F


Hello guys
I have just finished a Sunshine B&O M27F it is awaiting light weathering.





Paul Doggett. England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿





Re: Sunshine B&O M27F

Schleigh Mike
 

Nice model, indeed, thanks for sharing, Paul----

The RMC in recent (before White River) times had an article on kit bashing these cars so missing out on Sunshine's offering is no excuse for missing out on this car.  (I didn't find my copy of the article in my boxcar file.)  B&O listed 294 of these in their 1960 Summary.  I remember one on the E-L local serving my boyhood home in Western New York in late 1962.  Very distinctive and noticeable cars in any freight train.

Regards from very wet Grove City, Penna.----Mike Schleigh

On Monday, June 17, 2019, 10:12:30 AM EDT, Paul Doggett via Groups.Io <paul.doggett2472@...> wrote:



Hello guys
I have just finished a Sunshine B&O M27F it is awaiting light weathering.





Paul Doggett.  England ðŸ�´ó �§ó �¢ó �¥ó �®ó �§ó �¿



Re: Sunshine B&O M27F

Benjamin Hom
 

Mike Schleigh wrote:
"The RMC in recent (before White River) times had an article on kit bashing these cars so missing out on Sunshine's offering is no excuse for missing out on this car."

Bob Chapman's article was in the March 2001 issue of RMC.  He used the Red Caboose 1923 proposed ARA-standard steel boxcar as a starting point.  Plus, I'm sure if enough people bug Steve Funaro, he'd be happy to offer these cars if his releases of PRR models are any indication.


Ben Hom

Re: New Kadee Ordering Policies

G.J. Irwin
 

I can offer the data point that the "brother" company, Micro-Trains Line, Inc. (MTL) has had a standing order policy for most of its regular runs for, I think, as long as they became independent from Kadee in 1990.  (Keith and Dale Edwards, the "K" and "D" in Kadee, agreed to split the original Kadee into the "new" Kadee for HO and above and Micro-Trains Line for N and Z Scales, with both offering some HOn3 items.  Although I should hardly call a 29 year firm the "new" Kadee, I suppose.) 

It seems like Kadee's standing order policy might resemble Micro-Trains in that specific quantities can be tailored or body styles omitted.  MTL does allow dealers to increase quantities above standing orders if I recall correctly.  Micro-Trains does release product that is not included in standing orders, such as containers and piggyback trailers that are "in the future" for this group.   The standing order policy doesn't apply to pre-orders either.

Cheers,
George Irwin

Re: Sunshine B&O M27F

Lester Breuer
 

Paul another fine build to add to that growing fleet.
Lester Breuer

Re: Sunshine B&O M27F

Fran Giacoma
 

Great looking car, Paul. Nice job.
How did you do your route card and the chalk marks?
Thanks.
Fran Giacoma

Re: Sunshine B&O M27F

Paul Doggett
 

Mike 

Thank you from a very Lancashire England 😁😁😁

Paul Doggett 


On 17 Jun 2019, at 17:08, Schleigh Mike via Groups.Io <mike_schleigh@...> wrote:

Nice model, indeed, thanks for sharing, Paul----

The RMC in recent (before White River) times had an article on kit bashing these cars so missing out on Sunshine's offering is no excuse for missing out on this car.  (I didn't find my copy of the article in my boxcar file.)  B&O listed 294 of these in their 1960 Summary.  I remember one on the E-L local serving my boyhood home in Western New York in late 1962.  Very distinctive and noticeable cars in any freight train.

Regards from very wet Grove City, Penna.----Mike Schleigh

On Monday, June 17, 2019, 10:12:30 AM EDT, Paul Doggett via Groups.Io <paul.doggett2472@...> wrote:



Hello guys
I have just finished a Sunshine B&O M27F it is awaiting light weathering.





Paul Doggett.  England ðŸ�´ó �§ó �¢ó �¥ó �®ó �§ó �¿



Re: Sunshine B&O M27F

Paul Doggett
 

Thank you Lester 

Paul Doggett 


On 17 Jun 2019, at 18:10, Lester Breuer <rforailroad@...> wrote:

Paul another fine build to add to that growing fleet.
Lester Breuer

Re: Sunshine B&O M27F

Paul Doggett
 

Fran

Routes cards a a small piece of paper with biro marks, the chalk marks are decals, champ, microscale and Speedwitch media. Both microscale and Speedwitch are still available.

Paul Doggett 


On 17 Jun 2019, at 18:33, Fran Giacoma <frangiacoma@...> wrote:

Great looking car, Paul. Nice job.
How did you do your route card and the chalk marks?
Thanks.
Fran Giacoma

Re: West Virginia University Freight Car Photos

Tony Thompson
 

Don Valentine wrote:

Interesting. The Morgan's Louisiana & Texas boxcar has a total of six truss rods instead of the usual four.
When one looks at the weight capacity is is obvious why. It is a 100,000 lb. capacity car in an era of
40,000 lb. cars if not less.

   Yes, it's a Canda-design box car. The SP soon de-rated them to 80,000 pounds though they were indeed designed for 100,000 pounds. It was the trucks that proved inadequate.

Tony Thompson             Editor, Signature Press, Berkeley, CA
2906 Forest Ave., Berkeley, CA 94705         www.signaturepress.com
(510) 540-6538; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history





Re: Sunshine B&O M27F

Tony Thompson
 

Paul Doggett wrote:

I have just finished a Sunshine B&O M27F it is awaiting light weathering.
Very nice looking car, Paul. Great job.

Tony Thompson
tony@...

Re: [Non-DoD Source] [RealSTMFC] Sunshine B&O M27F

Dave Lawler
 

Paul,
Excellent model of a very unique prototype. Well done!
Dave Lawler
Avon Lake. Ohio

Re: West Virginia University Freight Car Photos

al_brown03
 

SAL 9006 is class A (SAL 9001-9010), a class I've never seen before. Converted in the mid-30s from a composite gondola (it's kinda dark underneath, but that's a fishbelly underframe). Guess I've got a project!

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.