Sunshine News & Naperville

Tim O'Connor <timoconnor@...>

I received my "early warning" newsletter from Sunshine, and it is
full of exciting news. I had no idea it was getting to be so popular,
for one thing. According to the letter, 325 people attended in 2000,
and far more are expected for 2001! There will be a special dinner
with a speaker on Friday night, who will give a talk about Milwaukee
Road electric operations.

Anyway, freight car items (coming sooner or later)

Bethlehem 70 ton, 52'6" gondolas -- lotsa roads
Bethlehem 50 ton, 52'6" gondolas -- WM
48'6" steel gondolas -- NKP
UTLX tank car -- work continues (!)
40' steel gondolas -- L&N and Southern
40' AAR gondolas -- in process
ART horizontal-seam ice reefers -- two versions
URTX/Milwaukee horizontal-seam ice reefers w/ Duryea underframes --
multiple versions
Unique Hollywood caboose, Ie-X reefer, Sk-R rebuild -- AT&SF
Double sheathed 8'6" and 10'2" rebuilds -- Cotton Belt
R50b express reefer -- PRR

Plus lots of new decals, and some limited and non-limited run detail
parts. For example, Duryea underframe modification kits, and square
corner ends for SOO, DSS&A, and IC 40 foot "1940" 10'5" box cars.

Timothy O'Connor <timoconnor@mediaone.net>
Marlborough, Massachusetts

Jon Miller <atsf@...>

It is my understanding that all of Martin's "gatherings" are growing at
a very good rate. I know he said both the S. CA and N. CA ones are growing
with Naperville being the crown jewel in the Midwest.
The last meeting at Pleasenton had a impromptu freight car dinner at a
local Chinese restaurant which lasted until they (politely) threw us out.

Jon Miller
AT&SF
For me time has stopped in 1941
Digitrax DCC owner, Chief system
NMRA Life member #2623
Member SFRH&MS

tgmadden <tgmadden@...>

Jon Miller observed:
The last meeting at Pleasenton had a impromptu freight car dinner at a
local Chinese restaurant which lasted until they (politely) threw us out.

I thought it was Ben's offering around samples of his squid plate that
caused some of us to decide we were no longer hungry.

Tom

Benjamin Hom <bhom3@...>

Jon Miller observed:

The last meeting at Pleasenton had a impromptu freight car dinner at a local
Chinese restaurant which lasted until they (politely) threw us out.

Tom Madden added:

I thought it was Ben's offering around samples of his squid plate that
caused some of us to decide we were no longer hungry.

Hey, more for me! Anyone know a good sushi place in Naperville?

Ben Hom

Dave & Libby Nelson <muskoka@...>