Scrawkers (Was: Cutting Brass Sheet)

Tom Gloger

--- Aidrian Bridgeman-Sutton <aidrian.bridgeman-sutton@...>
wrote:
* A scrawker is a tool designed to cut a groove in the metal, see
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~phold/clag/scrawker.html
for more info
A good tool, but a lot of work. I just use a sharpening stone on
the back of the #11 I am using, until the now-polished back meets
the sides at a sharp 90 degree angle. Never knew there was a name
for it, much less such an apt one. I never thought to try using
it on brass, but it should work. Thanks!

=====
- Tom Gloger e-mail: mailto:tomgloger@...
web page: http://pws.prserv.net/usinet.tgloger
____Content_below_this_line_is_from_Yahoo!,_not_from_me!____

or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com

Norm Dresner <ndrez@...>

I bought a tool that looks much like that, although larger, from
MicroMark who sells it as a superior tool for scribing plastic for
cutting/breaking (and they're right, it's exceptional).

Norm