RY Proto CYC

HAWK0621@...

In a message dated 1/24/02 9:45:51 PM, mbcarson@together.net writes:

October 2001, IIRC. I guess we could quibble if
October is more than a couple months ago. The older I get
the faster time seems to go, but Volume 6 came out after the
warm weather left Vermont. After I replied to your question,
I checked the RPC website and it was silent about the next
issue/volume.
Mike,

Volume 7 is in work and anticipated for release this spring (perhaps April).
It will contain a relatively long article on express refrigerator cars, EMD
F3 Phase III locomotives, and one freight car article that for now will be a
surprise. The text for articles is essentially complete and we've been
working on scanning photos. The page layout phase will begin very soon. We
will update the web site when we have a known target date for Vol. 7
completion.

Regarding difficulties reported earlier today encountered with accessing the
RP CYC web site, I too had problems today and contacted the AOL technical
support staff for an explanation. No reply at this time. As of 11:00 pm CST,
it is still not functioning properly. We have made no changes lately so it
must be a system problem.

Regards,
Ed Hawkins

ljack70117@...

Has Vol 7 come out yet?
Thank you
Larry Jackman

ian clasper wrote:

Hi Ned

Invest in :

Railway Prototype Cyclopaedia
RP CYC 4

http://hometown.aol.com/rpcyc/rpcychome.html

mbcarson2002

Larry,

Don't think so. Volume 6 "just" hit the streets a
couple of months ago. And my appreciation is there is a
hell of a lot of work that goes into each volume.
Personally I would rather have them come with the usual
preparation and maintain the quality rather than hurry and
have the quality suffer.

Regards,

Mike Carson