From: tim gilbert <tgilbert@sunlink.net>
To: <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2002 9:30 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] HYNH&H Van Nest Freight Yards

Norm,

I believe Van Nest is what the New Haven called its Electric Power Shop.
Are you referring to the Harlem River or Oak Point Yards?

Some views of the Van Nest Shops are in Stauffer/Swanberg's NEW HAVEN
POWER in the electric section.

Tim Gilbert

tim gilbert <tgilbert@...>

Norm,

I believe Van Nest is what the New Haven called its Electric Power Shop.
Are you referring to the Harlem River or Oak Point Yards?

Some views of the Van Nest Shops are in Stauffer/Swanberg's NEW HAVEN
POWER in the electric section.

Tim Gilbert

Al & Patricia Westerfield <westerfield@...>

Norm - I, too lived there and often watched the yards. I grew up in
Parkchester. Just yesterday I purchased one of Bob's Photos new books at
Timonium specifically because it had pictures of the Van Nest shops! The
title is The New Haven Railroad's Electrified Zone, Robert A. Liljestrand,
37 pring St., Ansonia, CT06401. Cost is $15.00, shipping cost unknown. -
Al Westerfield

This is (or was) in the Bronx, along Tremont Avenue.

Norm

I believe Van Nest is what the New Haven called its Electric Power Shop.
Are you referring to the Harlem River or Oak Point Yards?

Some views of the Van Nest Shops are in Stauffer/Swanberg's NEW HAVEN
POWER in the electric section.

Tim Gilbert

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Norm Dresner <ndrez@...>

Incredible coincidence, we lived in Parkchester too.

I'll look for the book.

Thanks
Norm

Norm - I, too lived there and often watched the yards. I grew up in
Parkchester. Just yesterday I purchased one of Bob's Photos new books at
Timonium specifically because it had pictures of the Van Nest shops! The
title is The New Haven Railroad's Electrified Zone, Robert A.
Liljestrand,
37 pring St., Ansonia, CT06401. Cost is $15.00, shipping cost
nknown. -
Al Westerfield
This is (or was) in the Bronx, along Tremont Avenue.

Norm

I believe Van Nest is what the New Haven called its Electric Power
Shop.
Are you referring to the Harlem River or Oak Point Yards?

Some views of the Van Nest Shops are in Stauffer/Swanberg's NEW HAVEN
POWER in the electric section.

Tim Gilbert

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

mbcarson2002

FWIW The Bob's Photo book ad, in the back the
December issue of TRP, asks for $2.00 shipping. Bob's
shipped my copy of his milk car book to me via priority
mail.

Mike Carson

: Norm - I, too lived there and often watched the yards. I
grew up in
: Parkchester. Just yesterday I purchased one of Bob's
Photos new books at
: Timonium specifically because it had pictures of the Van
Nest shops! The
: title is The New Haven Railroad's Electrified Zone, Robert
A. Liljestrand,
: 37 pring St., Ansonia, CT06401. Cost is $15.00, shipping
cost unknown. -
: Al Westerfield
: > This is (or was) in the Bronx, along Tremont Avenue.
: >
: > Norm
: >
: > > I believe Van Nest is what the New Haven called its
Electric Power Shop.
: > > Are you referring to the Harlem River or Oak Point
Yards?
: > >
: > > Some views of the Van Nest Shops are in
Stauffer/Swanberg's NEW HAVEN
: > > POWER in the electric section.
: > >
: > > Tim Gilbert
: > >
: > >
: > > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
: > >
: > >
: > >
: > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
: > >
: > >
: >
: >
: >
: > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
: >
: >
: >
: > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
: >
: >
: