From: "ed_mines" <ed_mines@...>
To: <STMFC@...>
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2002 5:35 PM
Subject: [STMFC] F&C

I've read some snipes at F&C. What do you guys think of their quality?
I built a CNJ composite gon a couple of years ago and it practically
fell together. The underframe was complex, but all one piece. I
bought a couple of kits when they had a "sale" and I got what I paid
for, barely.
A couple of their built up kits look nice in the Walthers catalog
like their D&H gons.
I bought and built a fair number of their kits under different names
including Yankee Clipper.
The detail isn't as good as Westerfield or Sunshine but the cars are
much easier to assemble.

Don Winter <guaruba@...>

I just met Steve a few hours ago and bought about six of his kits! Gotta
let them age now. Don Winter

mcindoefalls

What's the consensus on the quality/accuracy of the X26C? It was hard
to tell from the posted pix, but it's apparently a one-piece body.

Walt Lankenau

Gatwood, Elden J SAD

Walt;

I just mentioned this, but I am in process on one, and also completed an
article on the X26C (prototype) and Sunshine kit for the upcoming TKM (will
do a follow-up on this kit), but yes, it is a one-piece body, very nice
casting, good detail, and easy to build. One of the easiest to build resin
kits I have run across, in my opinion. F&C makes the kit for the early
(first 2000) and Superior-door (next 1000) versions, also.

Elden Gatwood

________________________________

What's the consensus on the quality/accuracy of the X26C? It was hard
to tell from the posted pix, but it's apparently a one-piece body.

Walt Lankenau

benjaminfrank_hom <b.hom@...>

Do you need any more prototype photo coverage for the article? I can
check to see what I've got and get the scans doen this week.

Ben

--- In STMFC@..., "Gatwood, Elden J SAD "
<elden.j.gatwood@...> wrote:

Walt;

I just mentioned this, but I am in process on one, and also
completed an article on the X26C (prototype) and Sunshine kit for
the upcoming TKM (will do a follow-up on this kit), but yes, it is
a one-piece body, very nice casting, good detail, and easy to
build. One of the easiest to build resin kits I have run across,
in my opinion. F&C makes the kit for the early (first 2000) and
Superior-door (next 1000) versions, also.

Elden Gatwood

What's the consensus on the quality/accuracy of the X26C? It was
hard
to tell from the posted pix, but it's apparently a one-piece body.

Walt Lankenau

benjaminfrank_hom <b.hom@...>

All, disregard my last. It should have gone directly to Elden.
Apologies for the wasted bandwidth.

Ben Hom