Resin kits

Charles Etheredge

Thanks for all the imput. I do have Al's video and it is really
helpful. He makes it seems sooooooo easy! I realize he has put
together at least 2 or 3 kits in his career (!!!) but at least it
makes the task seem not so difficult as it might be. The advice
about starting with a one-piece gon is good...that's the route I
intend to take. I do have a couple of F&C War Emergency Gons
(wooden, T&NO) plus the Westerfield Stock cars but they are for
future use.
Charles Etheredge

thompson@...

Charles Etheredge said:
...I do have a couple of F&C War Emergency Gons
(wooden, T&NO) plus the Westerfield Stock cars but they are for future use.
Unfortunate that the F&C version only does one class, and that one not a
very big class, on account of the ends (which are correct for the wartime
original cars). Changing ends permits much more flexibility.

Tim O'Connor <timoconnor@...>

Charles Etheredge said:
...I do have a couple of F&C War Emergency Gons
(wooden, T&NO) plus the Westerfield Stock cars but they are for future use.
Unfortunate that the F&C version only does one class, and that one not a
very big class, on account of the ends (which are correct for the wartime
original cars). Changing ends permits much more flexibility.
Tony, F&C offers the later T&NO cars as well. The T&NO kit numbers are
6263 and 6264. The steel sheathed cars can be modeled with kit 6262 (ACL).

Tim O'Connor <timoconnor@attbi.com>
Sterling, Massachusetts