From: <tgregmrtn@...>
To: <STMFC@...>
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2003 8:31 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Looking for Magor Drawings

All,

I have run into a deadend. I am looking for drawings of the Magor Six axle
military flat car. Bruce Smith has done an excellant phot study of two of
these cars in a Railway museum in Alabama, let's call it a "walk-around."
Bruce has submitted it to Mainline and Bob has agreed to do the drawings if
I can come up with the erection drawings or a set of drawings from a cyc.
Well, I have contacted Jeff Koeller and Richard steered me toward Ed
Kaminski and I have come up short. Does anyone have a source for these to
get the draweings done. The cars were built for DOD in 1953 and ride on what
appears to be 3 axle Buckeye type trucks. With the interst in Miltitary
Railroad modeling I am trying to see if we can't help these folks out.
Anyone know one might find the drawings?

Greg Martin

Richard Townsend

One remote possibility is the U.S.Army transprtation museum at Fort Eustis, Newport News Virginia.

All,

I have run into a deadend. [...] Anyone know one might find the drawings?

Greg Martin

http://aim.aol.com/aimnew/Aim/register.adp?promos=380455

Charlie Vlk <cvlk@...>

Greg-
Roco did a model of that car for AHM in the mid-sixties. To my knowledge they have not been available in the interim.
I have a picture of the model if you would like me to email it to you off list. It may be reintroduced with upgraded details by Roco/E-R.
Charlie

I have run into a deadend. I am looking for drawings of the Magor Six axle military flat car. Bruce Smith has done an excellant phot study of two of these cars in a Railway museum in Alabama, let's call it a "walk-around." Bruce has submitted it to Mainline and Bob has agreed to do the drawings if I can come up with the erection drawings or a set of drawings from a cyc. Well, I have contacted Jeff Koeller and Richard steered me toward Ed Kaminski and I have come up short. Does anyone have a source for these to get the draweings done. The cars were built for DOD in 1953 and ride on what appears to be 3 axle Buckeye type trucks. With the interst in Miltitary Railroad modeling I am trying to see if we can't help these folks out. Anyone know one might find the drawings?

Greg Martin

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Greg Martin

Monte,

Thanks fro the scoop. I think that the OERM in Perris, CA has at least one if I ma not mistaken. Thanks for the lead.

Greg Martin