[steamloco] Quad Hoppers

James D Thompson <jaydeet@...>

At 09:36 AM 8/15/03 -0400, you wrote:
Getting back to freight cars ,there is not much of a choice in the
available models of quad hoppers.Any chance of seeing a greater variety?
There weren't that many common steam-era quad hoppers to begin with. The
list pretty much begins and ends with the H21a (Bowser), the H25, and the
ARA offset-side quad (Athearn). Probably the most common car after those
was the C&O skirted quad which almost no one has even heard of.

Davd Thompson

Benjamin Frank Hom <b.hom@...>

David Thompson wrote:
The list pretty much begins and ends with the H21a (Bowser), the H25, and
the
ARA offset-side quad (Athearn).

I'd certainly welcome a modern resin Class H25 kit. Bethlehem Car Works
sells ends to convert the Bowser H21A, but the H21A rib profile differs from
that of the H25. I've got several more of the Roller Bearing Model kits,
but after finishing one of them, I'm not in a hurry to start the next one.
(As a joke, I gave Ray Hessinger one of them for his birthday. Good thing I
kept a couple of P2K freight car kits for the real present, because a beat
down was probably on the way.)

Ben Hom