One MORE PRR modelers opinion....

Greg Martin

John wrties...
Fellas,
In my humble opinion Bowser does a great job of producing a middle-of-the-road product that satifies the needs of some as is, while improvements may be made by those who wish to do so at a reasonable price.
John Liebeskind
John,

I value your opinion of the current Bowser offerings and I agree their current pricing is reflective of what you get for what you spend. What we are talking about is a new venture for Bowser... The Built Up scale model priced at 30 bucks... Now my expectations are high than what was posted... If they sell them at this level you can bet the other manufacturues are going to raise the bar... the gold bar and we will be paying much higher prices in the future. Have any of you seen the new Kadee PS-2 Twin bay covered hopper...? 40 bucks, but have you looked at what you get for 40 bucks? One beautiful pre-assemble accurately scaled piece of rolling stock. Not like brass, better, the brass guys will never bother to compete on this level, to many variables with brass...

Greg Martin

Tim O'Connor

Greg Martin wrote

Have any of you seen the new Kadee PS-2 Twin bay covered hopper...? 40 bucks, but have you looked at what you get for 40 bucks? One beautiful pre-assemble accurately scaled piece of rolling stock. Not like brass, better, the brass guys will never bother to compete on this level, to many variables with brass...
Well, yah, duh-oh. (As my daughter would say.)

I just ordered my Clinchfield PS-2 by mail order -- $31.16. I
usually wait 4-6 months and order several Kadee cars to save
on shipping. See http://www.rollinstock.com/kadee_ho.htm I'm
not a Clinchfield modeler but I've just got to see this baby
up close.