From: Norman+Laraine Larkin
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 12:11 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Ted Culotta's RMC articles

The series of articles Ted has written for RMC, "Essential Freight Cars", is
a superb piece of work. Not only is the prototype info excellent, but the
day-to-day basic techniques of working with resin kits are presented simply
with great photo illustration. It is truly a worth-while series.
Congratulations and thanks.
Regards,
Norm Larkin

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Clark Propst <cepropst@...>

I recently had a friend photograph several models with his quality digital camera. He sent me jpegs, I sent some to Ted to post on his web site. After studying to images very blemish is magnified. I looked at the models while looking at the image on the computer screen and still can't see the some of the blemishes the camera caught with my tired old eyes no matter which lens I look through! With Ted chooses not to post these jpegs I will certainly understand. I guess my main point is: Ted is a very, very
good modeler.
Clark Propst

steve hile wrote:

I will certainly second Norm's kudos to Ted for the RMC series. The photos of the underframe detail for the CP "mini" boxcar in the January issue are the sharpest and clearest of this type I have ever seen. Hey Ted, what's the secret? Are these digital rather that film? The crispness of the modeling is clearly shown along with the true effectiveness of scale sized components. The photos of John Spencer's models from Naperville 2003 on the Steam Era Freight Car website (also by Ted) show this as well.

Great Job!

Steve Hile