From: "Schuyler Larrabee" <schuyler.larrabee@verizon.net>
To: <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 07, 2004 10:48 PM
Subject: [STMFC] What are these trucks?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&cate
gory=35975&item=2230501804

Also, check seller's other listings. A goodly
number of freight car builder's photos.

SGL

Yahoo! Groups Links

Eric Hansmann <ehansmann@...>

From the image, it seems these may be a roller bearing type of journal. I'm just guessing here but, could this be some sort of experimental Timken truck?

Eric Hansmann
Morgantown, W. Va.

Brian Paul Ehni <behni@...>

I was intrigued by the bolsterless truck; each sideframe has its own
mounting point to the caboose frame, and the wheelsets have no connecting
axles.
--
Brian Ehni

From: Eric Hansmann <ehansmann@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 07:38:40 -0500
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [STMFC] Re: What are these trucks?

From the image, it seems these may be a roller bearing type of journal. I'm
just guessing here but, could this be some sort of experimental Timken
truck?

Eric Hansmann
Morgantown, W. Va.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
Click Here
<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cmgrqgq/M=274551.4550177.5761904.1261774/D=egroup
web/S=1705169725:HM/EXP=1078835920/A=2019528/R=2/SIG=1416ko0m4/*http://ad.do
ubleclick.net/jump/N3349.yahoo1/B1282054.27;abr=!ie4;abr=!ie5;sz=300x250;cod
e=18634;dcopt=rcl;ord=107874>

Yahoo! Groups Links
*
*
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

rwitt_2000 <rmwitt@...>

"John Degnan wrote:
Mighty strange set-o-trucks on that cab... notice that there are NO
AXLES!?!

Not exactly true. There are four axles one for each wheel. They are
just short ones with [roller?] bearings at each end.

Bob Witt