Deere loads


Bob Webber <rswebber@...>
 

I have loaded a low res photo of a typical load of Deere tractors here:
http://www.drgw.org/rsw/DRGW6540.jpg

I believe people will be able to access this particular portion without problems, but if problems develop, perhaps the group-meister alternate can move it into the photo section - I could not as I got an error when I attempted it.


George Hollwedel <georgeloop1338@...>
 

Bob,

Do you have a date for the photo?

Bob Webber <rswebber@...> wrote:
I have loaded a low res photo of a typical load of Deere tractors here:
http://www.drgw.org/rsw/DRGW6540.jpg

I believe people will be able to access this particular portion without
problems, but if problems develop, perhaps the group-meister alternate can
move it into the photo section - I could not as I got an error when I
attempted it.



George Hollwedel
Prototype N Scale Models
georgeloop@...
310 Loma Verde Street
Buda, TX 78610-9785
512-796-6883
__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com


Bob Webber <rswebber@...>
 

Sorry, should have included it - Nov. 1962. And, that is still steam era for this car.

At 08:31 PM 9/25/2004, you wrote:
Bob,

Do you have a date for the photo?

Bob Webber <rswebber@...> wrote:
I have loaded a low res photo of a typical load of Deere tractors here:
http://www.drgw.org/rsw/DRGW6540.jpg

I believe people will be able to access this particular portion without
problems, but if problems develop, perhaps the group-meister alternate can
move it into the photo section - I could not as I got an error when I
attempted it.



George Hollwedel
Prototype N Scale Models
georgeloop@...
310 Loma Verde Street
Buda, TX 78610-9785
512-796-6883
__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com







Yahoo! Groups Links




Bob Webber <rswebber@...>
 

It is a converted SG flat car on NG trucks. And, as such, still pulled by steam power at this date.
(11/62) There had been an article in making one in O scale from an Atlas flat, taking out a scale foot...can't recall where though at this remove - at least 20 years back.

At 01:04 AM 9/26/2004, you wrote:

Nice shot. Is that a standard gauge flat car on narrow gauge trucks?

At 04:24 PM 9/25/2004, you wrote:
I have loaded a low res photo of a typical load of Deere tractors here:
http://www.drgw.org/rsw/DRGW6540.jpg

I believe people will be able to access this particular portion without
problems, but if problems develop, perhaps the group-meister alternate can
move it into the photo section - I could not as I got an error when I
attempted it.


Bob Webber <rswebber@...>
 

I should, however point out that the blocking and tie down for the load is still in keeping with that of SG flats, and the method and load is consistent with SG flats of an era five years or so previous to the photo.

At 10:43 PM 9/25/2004, Bob Webber wrote:
It is a converted SG flat car on NG trucks. And, as such, still pulled by steam power at this date.
(11/62) There had been an article in making one in O scale from an Atlas flat, taking out a scale foot...can't recall where though at this remove - at least 20 years back.

At 01:04 AM 9/26/2004, you wrote:

Nice shot. Is that a standard gauge flat car on narrow gauge trucks?

At 04:24 PM 9/25/2004, you wrote:
I have loaded a low res photo of a typical load of Deere tractors here:
http://www.drgw.org/rsw/DRGW6540.jpg

I believe people will be able to access this particular portion without
problems, but if problems develop, perhaps the group-meister alternate can
move it into the photo section - I could not as I got an error when I
attempted it.


Earl Tuson
 

Tim asked,

Is that a standard gauge flat car on narrow gauge trucks?
PBL's website says the narrow gauge 6500 series flat cars were rebuilt from standard gauge 28000 series gondolas.

Earl Tuson


Tim O'Connor
 

Nice shot. Is that a standard gauge flat car on narrow gauge trucks?

At 04:24 PM 9/25/2004, you wrote:
I have loaded a low res photo of a typical load of Deere tractors here:
http://www.drgw.org/rsw/DRGW6540.jpg

I believe people will be able to access this particular portion without
problems, but if problems develop, perhaps the group-meister alternate can
move it into the photo section - I could not as I got an error when I
attempted it.


jaley <jaley@...>
 

On Sep 25, 6:24pm, Bob Webber wrote:
Subject: [STMFC] Deere loads
I have loaded a low res photo of a typical load of Deere tractors here:
http://www.drgw.org/rsw/DRGW6540.jpg

I believe people will be able to access this particular portion without
problems, but if problems develop, perhaps the group-meister alternate
can
move it into the photo section - I could not as I got an error when I
attempted it.
Bob,
Nice picture; If this is "low-res", I wonder what you consider to
be "high res" !

An interesting detail: the edges of the flatcar deck show the
remnants of a black tarp used (I presume) for a previous load.

Regards,

-Jeff

--
Jeff Aley jaley@...
DPG Chipsets Product Engineering
Intel Corporation, Folsom, CA
(916) 356-3533


Bob Webber <rswebber@...>
 

Well, it *is* scanned at the same res, but saved differently. The higher quality takes up 69 mb and is a TIF file. This is a "2" JPG and took 600KB. The former would be able to be used in our printed magazine, the latter would not.

And, as I spent some time looking for the original, this is a photo from "Bob's Photo " (not this Bob) - which, had I known, II would have said so and put that information on the actual image shown). The photo was misfiled as a SG flat in his books, and I didn't change it until last night when I reviewed it prior to its inclusion in my album. In the process, I found I have about 15 duplicates of "Bob's Photos" photos. He has had an increasing number of customers buy photos and bring them back claiming they were duplicates, having scanned them in the meantime. So, he is, needless to say, getting wary of such activities. At least he has a reasonable explanation for HIS memory issues (I trust he's doing better, I last saw him in June). But, in truth, having the duplicate photos doesn't bother me as I know a few who don't have a chance of going to shows where he shows up, so I can usually pass them on. The joys of creating a photo database....

As to the tarp, there are many photos of these cars used to carny all sorts of nice loads, from cars to machinery - all covered with various tarps - some black plastic, some green fabric (and quite a few with no covering). And, there are many photos of dunnage on the decks. The requirements for tie downs and such are identical for SG and NG cars. Stewart used to make a wide range of loads for the PBL cars in Sn3, some of which were quite usable for loads in HO, as they were "covered" in tarps, who could say what was inside and to what scale? Fortunately, the deck width is about the same. Don't write off all other scales accessories - some have extended lives.

At 02:10 PM 9/26/2004, you wrote:

Bob,
Nice picture; If this is "low-res", I wonder what you consider to
be "high res" !

An interesting detail: the edges of the flatcar deck show the
remnants of a black tarp used (I presume) for a previous load.

Regards,

-Jeff

--