MILW rib-side undebody equipment layout

oliver

Apparently these cars had a unique underbody AB brake system setup
with all the major components located on one side. Does anyone have a
diagram for these cars to confirm this or can someone elaborate on the
placement of piping etc?

thanks in advance
Stefan
Duncan, BC Canada

Paul Gehrett

--- stefanelaine <stefanelaine@yahoo.ca> wrote:

Apparently these cars had a unique underbody AB
brake system setup
with all the major components located on one side.
Does anyone have a
diagram for these cars to confirm this or can
someone elaborate on the
placement of piping etc?
I've built a couple of the Sunshine Models kits. The
instructions/data sheet contains underframe
information. IIRC, you are correct about the major
components all being on the same side of the center
sill. I can scan it and e-mail it to you. I should
be able to get to it over the weekend.

Paul

Richard Hendrickson

Apparently these cars had a unique underbody AB brake system setup
with all the major components located on one side. Does anyone have a
diagram for these cars to confirm this or can someone elaborate on the
placement of piping etc?

thanks in advance
Stefan
Duncan, BC Canada
My forthcoming Railmodel Journal article will include forth prototype and
model photos of the underbody (thanks to Ted Schnepf, who has a photo of a
car lying on its side, thanks to a blunder by a switching crew).

Richard H. Hendrickson
Ashland, Oregon 97520

Ted Schnepf <railsunl@foxvalley.net> <railsunl@...>

My forthcoming Railmodel Journal article will include forth prototype and
model photos of the underbody (thanks to Ted Schnepf, who has a photo of a
car lying on its side, thanks to a blunder by a switching crew).

Richard H. Hendrickson
Ashland, Oregon 97520
Hi Richard,

I have photos of the underframe on models at my web site, which is below. The prototype car on its side was being scrapped. I do have another photo of a derailment in the 1950's also showing the underbody.

Ted

Rails Unlimited
Ted Schnepf
126 Will Scarlet
Elgin, Illinois 60120
847-697-5353 or 5366
railsunl@foxvalley.net
http://users.foxvalley.net/~railsunl/
Model railroad sales, DCC supplies, Books new and used,
Photos and darkroom services, O scale urethane cars.
Checks, cash or credit (3% added)