M&StL green


Clark Propst <cepropst@...>
 

Excuse me for stepping in late. I'm trying to get some modeling done, so I only check the list occasionally.
Anyway, I hope Marty is thinking of doing an M&StL box car. Here's what I can tell you.
BLT has produced two M&StL 'Yardmaster' kits recently, one green and one red ("Mikan scheme"). Unfortunately they used a photo of a builders photo of a bcr 50400 series car for their green model complete with 1941 blt date. Of course if any of these cars were ever painted green it wouldn't have been until 1952.
Red Caboose did a very nice bcr 53000 series car in the mid 1990's. The CNWHS commissioned RC to do the green 53000s a couple years ago. Gene Green should receive "The Golden Knuckle" award for getting RC to do the Superior hand brake for the models we also got them to add their Apex running board. The kit is one of the most accurate plastic kits produced by a HS. I believe they sold out two orders.
I think Intermountain had a M&StL kit in the "Mikan scheme" IMWX was the first quality builder to do that scheme. (That's the kit Gene sold me that got me started on quality freight cars)
Now, if IM were to produce an M&StL box car I would like to see it done in bcr in the 54000 series. This series would use the Superior doors that come in the kits. And compliment the RC's 53000 series cars quite nicely.
BTW, Marty the M&StL box car that's behind the steam engine in the jpeg you posted awhile back is a 54000 series.
The Sunshine model was a big disappointment, the instructions were for a different 'phase' car, the doors have the wrong number of corrugations in the panels, but the biggest disappointment was no superior hand brake. Loosing that kit is not a big deal. An acceptable 4000 series car can be built from IM parts. I maybe should have included one in Ted's new publication?
Thanks to all who showed interest in this thread,
Clark


Marty McGuirk <mac@...>
 

Clark,

Thanks for the feedback.

My intention is to do four car numbers -- on kits -- on our 1937 AAR boxcar -- two of them in red and two in green.

If you send me the exact car numbers made on the BLT and RC kits I will do my best not to duplicate the numbers they did.

These will be very limited runs (I don't want to end up with an inventory problem again), produced almost to dealer orders with just a little over.

Marty


James F. Brewer <jfbrewer@...>
 

Marty,

Will you give us a heads up on when these will be in production so I can have my hobby shop place an order?

Jim Brewer
Glenwood MD

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marty McGuirk" <mac@...>
To: <STMFC@...>
Sent: Friday, November 19, 2004 5:27 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] RE: M&StL green



Clark,

Thanks for the feedback.

My intention is to do four car numbers -- on kits -- on our 1937 AAR
boxcar -- two of them in red and two in green.

If you send me the exact car numbers made on the BLT and RC kits I will
do my best not to duplicate the numbers they did.

These will be very limited runs (I don't want to end up with an
inventory problem again), produced almost to dealer orders with just a
little over.

Marty






Yahoo! Groups Links







Tim O'Connor
 

Marty, am I right to assume by "red" you mean "box car red" and
not the 1957 bright red? IMWX did bright red cars (54000 series)
and I have one of the green Red Caboose C&NWHS cars -- 53044. But
I missed out on the box car red Red Caboose car (catalog #8024-x)
and would like to get one of those too.

Will you give us a heads up on when these will be in production so I can
have my hobby shop place an order?

Jim Brewer
Glenwood MD
----- Original Message -----
From: "Marty McGuirk" <mac@...>

My intention is to do four car numbers -- on kits -- on our 1937 AAR
boxcar -- two of them in red and two in green.

If you send me the exact car numbers made on the BLT and RC kits I will
do my best not to duplicate the numbers they did.

Marty


Schuyler Larrabee
 

Marty, you'd better make a loud announcement of
these cars when they are ready to slot into
production.

SGL

-----Original Message-----
From: James F. Brewer
[mailto:jfbrewer@...]
Sent: Friday, November 19, 2004 8:45 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: Re: [STMFC] RE: M&StL green


Marty,

Will you give us a heads up on when these will
be in
production so I can have my hobby shop place an
order?

Jim Brewer
Glenwood MD
----- Original Message -----
From: "Marty McGuirk"
<mac@...>
To: <STMFC@...>
Sent: Friday, November 19, 2004 5:27 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] RE: M&StL green



Clark,

Thanks for the feedback.

My intention is to do four car numbers -- on
kits -- on our 1937 AAR
boxcar -- two of them in red and two in green.

If you send me the exact car numbers made on
the BLT and RC
kits I will
do my best not to duplicate the numbers they
did.

These will be very limited runs (I don't want
to end up with an
inventory problem again), produced almost to
dealer orders
with just a
little over.

Marty






Yahoo! Groups Links









------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
--------------------~-->
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo!
Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/9Mt
olB/TM
--------------------------------------------------
------------
------~->


Yahoo! Groups Links


STMFC-unsubscribe@...






rockroll50401 <cepropst@...>
 

--- In STMFC@..., Marty McGuirk <mac@i...> wrote:
Clark,

Thanks for the feedback.

My intention is to do four car numbers -- on kits -- on our 1937
AAR
boxcar -- two of them in red and two in green.

If you send me the exact car numbers made on the BLT and RC kits I
will
do my best not to duplicate the numbers they did.

These will be very limited runs (I don't want to end up with an
inventory problem again), produced almost to dealer orders with
just a
little over.

Marty
Sorry Marty, I'm not interested in the green or red cars. They have
been done before. Only interested in the 54000's in bcr. Remember I'm
the guy buying them. Would you like me to pole the M&StL yahoo group?
Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa


Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>
 

Clark Propst wrote:
Sorry Marty, I'm not interested in the green or red cars. They have
been done before. Only interested in the 54000's in bcr. Remember I'm
the guy buying them. Would you like me to pole the M&StL yahoo group?
Wow! Am I glad I'm not in that group! That's going to HURT!

Tony Thompson Editor, Signature Press, Berkeley, CA
2942 Linden Ave., Berkeley, CA 94705 www.signaturepress.com
(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, thompson@...
Publishers of books on railroad history


armprem
 

Gotcha.LOLROF.A

----- Original Message -----
From: "Anthony Thompson" <thompson@...>
To: <STMFC@...>
Sent: Saturday, November 20, 2004 1:27 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: M&StL green



Clark Propst wrote:
Sorry Marty, I'm not interested in the green or red cars. They have
been done before. Only interested in the 54000's in bcr. Remember I'm
the guy buying them. Would you like me to pole the M&StL yahoo group?
Wow! Am I glad I'm not in that group! That's going to HURT!

Tony Thompson Editor, Signature Press, Berkeley, CA
2942 Linden Ave., Berkeley, CA 94705 www.signaturepress.com
(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, thompson@...
Publishers of books on railroad history





Yahoo! Groups Links







Marty McGuirk <mac@...>
 

Jim,

Oursales people are letting dealers know about the kits this week.

They are scheduled to be released and shipped (along with the CP
"IofME" PS-1) with our December releases.
Marty


On Friday, November 19, 2004, at 06:44 PM, James F. Brewer wrote:

Marty,

Will you give us a heads up on when these will be in production so I
can
have my hobby shop place an order?

Jim Brewer
Glenwood MD
----- Original Message -----
From: "Marty McGuirk" <mac@...>
To: <STMFC@...>
Sent: Friday, November 19, 2004 5:27 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] RE: M&StL green



Clark,

Thanks for the feedback.

My intention is to do four car numbers -- on kits -- on our 1937 AAR
boxcar -- two of them in red and two in green.

If you send me the exact car numbers made on the BLT and RC kits I
will
do my best not to duplicate the numbers they did.

These will be very limited runs (I don't want to end up with an
inventory problem again), produced almost to dealer orders with just
a
little over.

Marty






Yahoo! Groups Links







<image.tiff>

<image.tiff>

Yahoo! Groups Links

• To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/STMFC/
 
• To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
STMFC-unsubscribe@...
 
• Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.


Marty McGuirk <mac@...>
 

Jim,

Yes, the car is "BCR" -- not the brighter red used later with the large
white "M&STL" lettering.

Marty


On Friday, November 19, 2004, at 08:21 PM, Tim O'Connor wrote:


Marty, am I right to assume by "red" you mean "box car red" and
not the 1957 bright red? IMWX did bright red cars (54000 series)
and I have one of the green Red Caboose C&NWHS cars -- 53044. But
I missed out on the box car red Red Caboose car (catalog #8024-x)
and would like to get one of those too.


Will you give us a heads up on when these will be in production so I
can
have my hobby shop place an order?

Jim Brewer
Glenwood MD
----- Original Message -----
From: "Marty McGuirk" <mac@...>

My intention is to do four car numbers -- on kits -- on our 1937 AAR
boxcar -- two of them in red and two in green.

If you send me the exact car numbers made on the BLT and RC kits I
will
do my best not to duplicate the numbers they did.

Marty

<image.tiff>

<image.tiff>

Yahoo! Groups Links

• To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/STMFC/
 
• To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
STMFC-unsubscribe@...
 
• Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.


Marty McGuirk <mac@...>
 

Clark,

I'm confused -- when I said "red" I meant " Boxcar Red" with the white
Peoria Gateway slanted lettering. I was under the impression that was
the car you're most interested in.

Was I wrong?

Marty
&#92;
On Saturday, November 20, 2004, at 07:22 AM, rockroll50401 wrote:


--- In STMFC@..., Marty McGuirk <mac@i...> wrote:
Clark,

Thanks for the feedback.

My intention is to do four car numbers -- on kits -- on our 1937
AAR
boxcar -- two of them in red and two in green.

If you send me the exact car numbers made on the BLT and RC kits I
will
do my best not to duplicate the numbers they did.

These will be very limited runs (I don't want to end up with an
inventory problem again), produced almost to dealer orders with
just a
little over.

Marty
Sorry Marty, I'm not interested in the green or red cars. They have
been done before. Only interested in the 54000's in bcr. Remember I'm
the guy buying them. Would you like me to pole the M&StL yahoo group?
Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa



<image.tiff>

<image.tiff>

Yahoo! Groups Links

• To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/STMFC/
 
• To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
STMFC-unsubscribe@...
 
• Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


Marty McGuirk <mac@...>
 

A and Tony,

Haven't you ever heard of "Don't ask, don't tell . . ."

Maybe Doctor Thompson has been in the Golden State a little toooo long
. . . .

(Better stop now . . . )

Marty


On Saturday, November 20, 2004, at 12:07 PM, armand premo wrote:

Gotcha.LOLROF.A
----- Original Message -----
From: "Anthony Thompson" <thompson@...>
To: <STMFC@...>
Sent: Saturday, November 20, 2004 1:27 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: M&StL green



Clark Propst wrote:
Sorry Marty, I'm not interested in the green or red cars. They have
been done before. Only interested in the 54000's in bcr. Remember
I'm
the guy buying them. Would you like me to pole the M&StL yahoo
group?

       Wow! Am I glad I'm not in that group! That's going to HURT!

Tony Thompson             Editor, Signature Press, Berkeley, CA
2942 Linden Ave., Berkeley, CA 94705         www.signaturepress.com
(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail,
thompson@...
Publishers of books on railroad history




 
Yahoo! Groups Links



 


<image.tiff>

<image.tiff>

Yahoo! Groups Links

• To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/STMFC/
 
• To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
STMFC-unsubscribe@...
 
• Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


Paul Lyons
 

Marty, Can you give us the Intermountain kit numbers for both the green and red cars so we can clearly order them from are friendly hobby shop.
Paul Lyons
Laguna Niguel