Current Sunshine Kit List


Michael Aufderheide
 

Hi,

Does anyone have a Sunshine Fall 2004 Kit Update List they could scan
and post? (Assuming he produced such a thing as they have before)Or
if someone could snail mail me a copy I'd be happy to scan it for the
group.

Thanks,

Mike Aufderheide


Jim and Lisa Hayes <jimandlisa97225@...>
 

I have an all-time Sunshine kit list that I updated after the Naperville
meet. I sent it to Ted C. to add to the Steam Freight Cars website but he
hasn't had time to do it yet. Producing a book and some decals and etc. has
kept him busy. If you can't wait, I can send it to you as an Excel file.

Jim Hayes
Portland Oregon


Michael Aufderheide
 

<Producing a book and some decals and etc. has kept
him <busy.

Jim,

I should be so productive in my spare time!!! Can you
post it to the STMFC files section? Then everyone can
get it. 'tis the season when bonus money burns a hole
in my pocket.

Thanks,

Mike Aufderheide



__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail - Find what you need with new enhanced search.
http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250


Jim and Lisa Hayes <jimandlisa97225@...>
 

At Mike A.'s suggestion, I've loaded my Sunshine kit list into the Files
area. You'll need Excel to read it. To find the new stuff search Column E
(Intro Date) for 2004. If anyone notices an error needing correction or
something I forgot to add, please tell me.

Jim Hayes
Portland Oregon


Ted Culotta <tculotta@...>
 

On Dec 22, 2004, at 2:58 PM, Jim and Lisa Hayes wrote:

I have an all-time Sunshine kit list that I updated after the Naperville
meet. I sent it to Ted C. to add to the Steam Freight Cars website but he
hasn't had time to do it yet. Producing a book and some decals and etc. has
kept him busy. If you can't wait, I can send it to you as an Excel file.

Jim Hayes
Portland Oregon
I promised Jim I would post it to the site by Christmas and I still pan to. I'll let everyone know when that an few other badly overdue updates are added.

Regards,
Ted Culotta

Speedwitch Media
100 14th Avenue, San Mateo, CA 94402
info@...
www.speedwitch.com
(650) 787-1912


John Fitts <jefitts2003@...>
 

I note that the 27.2 through 27.10 General American express reefers are "closeout" (the r-t-r crowd wins again!). Does anyone know whether any of the express reefers are still available from Martin, or has my procrastination done me in? If I have done myself in, anyone have an unbuilt kit for sale?

John

Mike Aufderheide <mononinmonon@...> wrote:
<Producing a book and some decals and etc. has kept
him <busy.

Jim,

I should be so productive in my spare time!!! Can you
post it to the STMFC files section? Then everyone can
get it. 'tis the season when bonus money burns a hole
in my pocket.

Thanks,

Mike Aufderheide



__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail - Find what you need with new enhanced search.
http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
Get unlimited calls to

U.S./Canada


---------------------------------
Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/STMFC/

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
STMFC-unsubscribe@...

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.



---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Take Yahoo! Mail with you! Get it on your mobile phone.


Michael Aufderheide
 

Thanks Jim!!

Mike Aufderheide

--- In STMFC@..., "Jim and Lisa Hayes"
<jimandlisa97225@v...> wrote:
At Mike A.'s suggestion, I've loaded my Sunshine kit list into the Files
area. You'll need Excel to read it. To find the new stuff search
Column E
(Intro Date) for 2004. If anyone notices an error needing correction or
something I forgot to add, please tell me.

Jim Hayes
Portland Oregon


pierreoliver2003 <pierre.oliver@...>
 

--- In STMFC@..., John Fitts <jefitts2003@y...> wrote:
I note that the 27.2 through 27.10 General American express reefers
are "closeout" (the r-t-r crowd wins again!). Does anyone know
whether any of the express reefers are still available from Martin, or
has my procrastination done me in? If I have done myself in, anyone
have an unbuilt kit for sale?

John
My experience with Sunshine has been that if the list indicates
closeout, the kit may still be available. Send them a letter with an
order for what you're looking for and they'll get back to you.
The worst they can do is say "no".
Happy Holidays everyone,
Pierre Oliver


Jim and Lisa Hayes <jimandlisa97225@...>
 

I just checked the Winter 2004-5 kit list and 27.2 - 27.10 are not listed.
Since I don't have a direct pipeline into Sunshine, I'll reluctantly use
that absence as a signal to change them to Discontinued on my list.

Jim Hayes
Portland Oregon


Thomas M. Olsen <tmolsen@...>
 

Jim and John,

On regard to the General American Wood Express Reefers: I have four on order from Martin now and do not expect to get them until early March. Back in September, when I ordered them, Tricia advised that they were just about out of the trucks for them and that they were also just about out of the kit assembly instructions. My order was based on not receiving the instruction sheets or documentation as I already had the material with the kits I already had. Also at that time, I ordered and received enough trucks to cover the cars that I had plus the remaining four on the list.

As all the kits of these series had the same instruction sheets, it was not necessary for me to have them included when the kits were made. I would say that the best thing to do is to drop a note to Tricia and see if the cars are still available. With Broadway planning to bring these cars out, Martin's market would disappear anyway.

The 1947 ACF welded REA reefers (Kits 27.11 through 27.14) which are also marked closeout may also be discontinued. This was because Martin had run out of the trucks used beneath these cars and also because of the imminent (now two years late) introduction of this car by Branchline. Tricia had remarked that they had sold a huge amount of both these kits and that orders had tapered off.

Again, a letter with a stamped-self-addressed envelope, may bring a reply in regard to the status of the cars. In regard to procrastination, I too have waited too long at times to order and have missed cars due to them being phased out due to low sales or competition from the competition.

Tom Olsen
7 Boundary Road, West Branch
Newark, Delaware, 19711-7479
(302) 738-4292

Jim and Lisa Hayes wrote:

I just checked the Winter 2004-5 kit list and 27.2 - 27.10 are not listed.
Since I don't have a direct pipeline into Sunshine, I'll reluctantly use
that absence as a signal to change them to Discontinued on my list.

Jim Hayes
Portland Oregon




Yahoo! Groups Links