MP single sheathed box cars

ed_mines

Both Sunshine and Westerfield offer models of MP single sheathed box
cars. Are they models of the same cars or are they different and if
so how?

From my equipment registers it looks MP had single sheathed box cars
of 2 heights.

Ed

jerryglow2

Without looking up my models or their data sheets, I can tell you the
Westerfield one is a door and a half car or single door converted
from such a car. The Sunshine cars are different cars and number
series.

Jerry in Florida

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "ed_mines" <ed_mines@y...> wrote:

Both Sunshine and Westerfield offer models of MP single sheathed
box
cars. Are they models of the same cars or are they different and if
so how?

From my equipment registers it looks MP had single sheathed box
cars
of 2 heights.

Ed

Ted Culotta <tculotta@...>

On Dec 31, 2004, at 10:07 AM, ed_mines wrote:

Both Sunshine and Westerfield offer models of MP single sheathed box
cars. Are they models of the same cars or are they different and if
so how?

>From my equipment registers it looks MP had single sheathed box cars
of 2 heights.

Westerfield's are ex-auto cars. Sunshine's are modifications of the single sheathed ARA design. The prototypes for the Sunshine cars were quite numerous.

Regards,
Ted Culotta

Speedwitch Media
100 14th Avenue, San Mateo, CA 94402