Pacific Electric B-50-13/14 SS cars with outside brake rigging

oliver

I am looking for some underbody or close up views of the outside brake
rigging used on PE SS boxcars to allow negotiation of tight curves.
I'm interested in how to model the brake staff connections etc...
thanks in advance
Stefan Lerché
Duncan BC Canada

pullmanboss <tgmadden@...>

I am looking for some underbody or close up views of the outside
brake
rigging used on PE SS boxcars to allow negotiation of tight curves.
I'm interested in how to model the brake staff connections etc...
thanks in advance
Stefan Lerché
Duncan BC Canada
Try these:

http://home.att.net/~pullmanproject/PE_1.jpg
http://home.att.net/~pullmanproject/PE_2.jpg
http://home.att.net/~pullmanproject/PE_3.jpg

I took those at Perris CA in 1988. The bluish regions in PE_2 and
PE_3 are from dodging those areas to make the brake chain and
linkage more visible.

I'll leave those photos up for a day or two.

Tom Madden

oliver

Brilliant! That was just what I needed...a pretty simple construction
actually isn't it?
Thanks Tom

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "pullmanboss" <tgmadden@w...> wrote:

I am looking for some underbody or close up views of the outside
brake
rigging used on PE SS boxcars to allow negotiation of tight curves.
I'm interested in how to model the brake staff connections etc...
thanks in advance
Stefan Lerché
Duncan BC Canada
Try these:

http://home.att.net/~pullmanproject/PE_1.jpg
http://home.att.net/~pullmanproject/PE_2.jpg
http://home.att.net/~pullmanproject/PE_3.jpg

I took those at Perris CA in 1988. The bluish regions in PE_2 and
PE_3 are from dodging those areas to make the brake chain and
linkage more visible.

I'll leave those photos up for a day or two.

Tom Madden

Curt Fortenberry

In looking through the archive, I found the following article but the links to the photos don't work.  Were they moved to a different site?  Thanks.

Curt Fortenberry

---In STMFC@..., <tgmadden@...> wrote :

> I am looking for some underbody or close up views of the outside
brake
> rigging used on PE SS boxcars to allow negotiation of tight curves.
> I'm interested in how to model the brake staff connections etc...
> thanks in advance
> Stefan Lerché
> Duncan BC Canada

Try these:

http://home.att.net/~pullmanproject/PE_1.jpg
http://home.att.net/~pullmanproject/PE_2.jpg
http://home.att.net/~pullmanproject/PE_3.jpg

I took those at Perris CA in 1988. The bluish regions in PE_2 and
PE_3 are from dodging those areas to make the brake chain and
linkage more visible.

I'll leave those photos up for a day or two.

Tom Madden

Tom Madden

Wow! That was almost 12 years, several computers and one web hosting service ago. I know where the prints are, but I can't locate the scans on either of my computers. They aren't on my current Pullmanproject web site, and I won't be able to do anything about them until after Thanksgiving as we're heading out of town in the morning. If no one else comes up with those scans I'll redo them. Ping me after the 28th : pullmanboss (at) yahoo (dot) com.

Tom Madden