NP 40' gon, anyone?

Blair Kooistra <wallcloud@...>

Looked through the on-line Sunshine catalogue, and can't find any mention of a Northern Pacific 40' gondola that, I believe, was released last year. I think it shared a carbody with a few other roads.

Also, anyone know if "closeout" implies that the car is no longer available (as opposed to "discontinued")? I'm looking to finally purchase a couple NP War Emergency kits, if they're still around.

--blair kooistra
fort worth TX

Jim and Lisa Hayes <jimandlisa97225@...>

Blair, The NP gon is one of the ones I left off the list. Here's what you
need.
67.24 GN, 67.25 NP, 67.26 SP&S. All are 13 post 40' steel gon with composite
floor, Improved Dreadnaught ends, 52-60s decals, $30.
I have the NP kit if you have any specific questions.

Jim Hayes
Portland Oregon

Blair Kooistra <wallcloud@...>

That's exactly what I needed Jim!

I'll fire off a letter to Martin and wait to hear what's available.

--blair kooistra

--- In STMFC@..., "Jim and Lisa Hayes"
<jimandlisa97225@v...> wrote:
Blair, The NP gon is one of the ones I left off the list. Here's
what you
need.
67.24 GN, 67.25 NP, 67.26 SP&S. All are 13 post 40' steel gon with
composite
floor, Improved Dreadnaught ends, 52-60s decals, $30.
I have the NP kit if you have any specific questions.

Jim Hayes
Portland Oregon

Jim and Lisa Hayes <jimandlisa97225@...>

I'll fire off a letter to Martin and wait to hear what's available.
--blair kooistra
If you're just ordering the gons, they are certainly available. Asking about
availability just adds 30-60 days or more to the time it takes to receive
what you want. In the past I've even included a postcard with a box that
just needed to be checked and it still took almost 60 days to get a
response. Add that on to the 6 months it'll take after you place an order
and we're talking major time here.
My method is to order what I want unless it's marked Discontinued on my
list. Close outs are usually available. The worst that can happen is you'll
get a check back for part of your order.

Jim Hayes
Portland Oregon